Human Resources Recruiter
Department: Human Resources
Reports To: Head of Human Resources
Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan
Job Type: Full-Time (Contract to Direct)
We are seeking an experienced recruiter for our growing operation. The ideal candidate will have extensive technical recruiting experience preferably for engineering skill sets. The recruiter is responsible for full life-cycle recruiting: to include sourcing, screening, scheduling, qualifying, closing of candidates and more. Sourcing methods must include cold calling/head hunting, networking, internet searches, attending career fairs and professional organizational meetings such as SAE, NSWE, NSBE etc.
- Partners with hiring managers to determine staffing needs.
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone or in person), makes recommendations for hire (or not hire) and delivers employment offers for both exempt and nonexempt position openings.
- Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, social networking, headhunting, etc., to identify and attract quality candidates.
- Develops and maintains a pipeline of candidates for all engineering skill sets and hard to fill positions.
- Assists in the development of advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility with potential candidates.
- Manages the internal transfer process, including screening, coordination of interviews with hiring managers, transfer offer letters, etc.
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding the recruiting process. Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure the achievement of staffing goals.
- Communicates important employment information during the delivery/negotiation of employment offers (e.g., benefits, compensation, noncompete agreements).
- Works with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations, including affirmative action plan compliance, veteran hiring, etc.
- Manages current candidate activity and keeps all parties updated throughout the offer process.
- Manages application/resume file and retention according to company policy.
- Maintains memberships and affiliations with trade/professional organizations related to the industry.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Organizational Skills
- Teamwork Capacity
- Human Resource Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Global & Cultural Awareness
- Relationship Management
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Applicant tracking systems, etc.
- 5-7 Years of Recruiting experience, including some headhunting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, and/or equivalent experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Mahindra is an equal opportunity employer and as such will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability or genetic information. Mahindra further agrees to take affirmative action to ensure equal employment opportunities.